Stage 2 water restrictions still in effectMay 14th, 2012 at 1:30 pm by Jim Spencer under Weather
Austin—Stage 2 Water Restrictions are still in effect for Austin Water customers because the combined levels of Lakes Buchannan and Travis are less than half-full. Austin entered Stage 2 Water Restrictions on September 6, 2011, when the Lower Colorado River Authority requested mandatory water restrictions of its wholesale customers.
Even though the recent rains have lessened the effects of the drought and added more water to the lakes, Lake Travis is 31 feet below its normal for April and Lake Buchanan is 16 feet below normal for this time of year.
To ensure that both residential and commercial customers follow restrictions, Austin Water staff is continuing enforcement. Violations of mandatory watering restrictions will result in an official warning followed by a citation if the violation is not corrected. Citations will be issued in Municipal Court with fines set during Stage 2 at $475.
- Watering allowed 1 day per week for all Austin Water customers
- Hand-watering allowed anytime
- No automatic-irrigation after 10 a.m. on designated watering day
- Vehicle washing on your designated watering day and times
- No charity carwashes
- No water to be served at restaurants unless requested
- No washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking areas or other paved areas
For more complete Stage 2 Restrictions and water conservation programs, visit www.WaterWiseAustin.org.