Please see this important message form the City of Marble Falls …
BY ORDER OF THE MAYOR
THE CITY OF MARBLE FALLS
HAS IMPLEMENTED STAGE 2 -
MODERATE WATER SHORTAGE CONDITIONS
OF THE CITY’S DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLAN
MANDATORY WATER USE RESTRICTIONS
- Mandatory lawn watering schedule effective: Customers may water only between midnight and 10:00 am and 7:00 pm and midnight twice a week according to the last digit of your street address.
- Residential, odd number addresses: Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Residential, even number addresses: Thursdays and Sundays
- Commercial: Tuesdays and Fridays
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated outdoor water use days between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 am and between 7:00 pm and 12:00 midnight. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited except on designated outdoor water use days between the hours of midnight and 10:00 am and between 7:00 pm and midnight.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the city.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is prohibited except on designated outdoor water use days between the hours midnight and 10:00 am and between 7:00 pm and midnight. However, if the golf course utilizes a water source other than that provided by the city, the facility shall not be subject to these regulations.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to patrons except upon request of the patron.
The following uses of water are defined as nonessential and are prohibited:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas.
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street.
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
Please contact Christina Laine, Public Information Officer at 830/798-7060 or visit www.ci.marble-falls.tx.us if you have any questions or need additional information.