Trottin’ With TurkeysNovember 22nd, 2012 at 6:24 am by markmonstrola under Weather
If you want to burn off a few calories before your big turkey dinner later this evening, and you want to help a local charity in the process… the 2012 Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot is the perfect place to do it! Last year almost 20,000 runners helped raise roughly $270,000 for Caritas of Austin. Let’s do better this year!!! Here are the details surrounding this year’s event:
• When: Thanksgiving Day – November 22, 2012 – Rain or Shine! 8:45 AM – Stepping Stone Schools Kids K 9:30 AM – Timed 5-Mile Start* Untimed 5-Mile – directly after Timed 5-mile start 1-Mile – directly after timed and untimed 5-Mile start
*each division will have a unique starting corral this year. ONLY timed participants will be able to enter the timed 5-mile corral
• Where: The Long Center (701 W. Riverside Drive, Austin, TX 78704)
• Parking: Free Parking will be available at The City Hall Garage, One Texas Center, Palmer Events/The Long Center Garage
• Proceeds: All of the race proceeds benefit Caritas of Austin. Last year’s Turkey Trot raised over $260,000 and over the last 21 years the race has raised over $1.5 million for Caritas
• Registration Fees:
|Price Breaks||Untimed 5-Mile||Timed 5-Mile||1-Mile Walk||Stepping Stone School Kids K|
|11/1/12 thru 11/18/12||$25||$30||$20||$8|
|11/19/12 thru 11/22/12||$30||$35||$25||$10|
• Raffle Tickets:
The ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot Raffle is back! The grand prize is a 2013 Honda Accord donated by Howdy Honda. Mellow Johnny’s is donating two $1,250 prize packages good for bikes, gear, clothing and/or accessories. 100% of the ticket price goes directly to Caritas of Austin.
*Tickets prices are $25 each and can be purchased during race recistration. (You need not register in order to purchase raffle tickets.) *Your chances of winning are deturmined by the number of tickets sold. *Purchase as many tickets as you like. *Need not be present or registered for the Turkey Trot to win. *Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 28, 2012.
• Are dogs and strollers permitted? Yes, but we ask that you start in the back to avoid injury to yourself, your child, pet and other participants. Note that we have a separate timed division for Stroller participants!
If you haven’t yet registered and you want to get out there go